How to Use Generic IP Cameras
QNAP NVR provides an interface for the users to enter the JPEG CGI command of IP cameras in order to receive the video streaming data from the IP cameras and monitor, record, and playback the video of the IP cameras on the NVR. This feature largely enhances the compatibility and expandability of the NVR.
Please follow the steps below to configure your IP camera.
- Select the camera number.
- Select "Generic Model" for the camera brand.
- Select "Generic JPEG" for the camera model.
- Enter the cgi path of the IP camera in "HTTP URL" field, e.g. "/video.cgi".
- Enter the camera name of the IP camera.
- Enter the IP address of the IP camera.
- Enter the user name and password for the IP camera.
- Select to enable recording or not.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Note: QNAP NVR only supports JPEG CGI command interface, but does not guarantee the compatibility with all IP camera brands.