Taipei, Taiwan October 27, 2008 - QNAP Security today launched the new 5-bay, standalone network video surveillance recording system VioStor-5020 NVR for SMB and enterprise users. Designed to meet the high security demand of the business market, the VioStor-5020 NVR combines a number of industry-leading features, e.g. 20-channel real-time recording (Full D1/VGA), five hot-swappable SATA drives (up to 5 TB for long term recording), dual Giga LAN, and advanced RAID configurations.
The VioStor-5020 NVR is a Linux-embedded system powered by Intel 1.6GHz CPU and 1GB DDRII memory. It supports 20-channel M-JPEG/ MPEG4 recording, megapixel (up to 8 megapixels) recording from Axis, Panasonic, Canon, Sony, Sanyo, D-Link, Arecont, Mobotix, IQeye, GANZ, Vivotek, ACTi, Toshiba and LevelOne IP-based security cameras. The NVR works as a standalone system that no PC or extra software utility are required.
According to Jacky Cheng, Senior Product Manager from QNAP, "The VioStor-5020 NVR is an all-in-one network surveillance system with the most diversified monitoring, recording, and playback features." The complete recording functions of the NVR include schedule recording, alarm recording, alarm recording schedule, motion-detection recording, pre-alarm, and post-alarm recordings. In the live monitoring, different display modes, easy drag and drop function, smart control of PTZ cameras, alarm notification, digital zoom, real-time snapshot, and E-map are supported. Other powerful functions include multi-channel playback at different speed, easy data search by date & time and alarm event, digital zoom, and video snapshot etc. All these functions can be performed through the web-based GUI by the IE browser. "Our NVR realizes true boundless surveillance. The users can simply set up the network cameras and our NVR system for remote monitoring and recording anytime, anywhere over the Internet."
The VioStor-5020 NVR enables secure recording data protection with advanced RAID protection by RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 5 + Spare/ 6/ JBOD, online RAID capacity expansion and online RAID level migration. Moreover, dual Gigabit LAN ports are provided for network failover, load-balancing, and standalone configurations for efficient data transfer over the network. The VioStor-5020 NVR also supports powerful authority management, host access control, error logging system. The users can set up the surveillance system in a few minutes by Touch-N-Go LCD panel configuration or 6-step web-based installation. The VioStor-5020 NVR is undoubtedly an ideal end-to-end network surveillance system for system integrators, SMB, and enterprise users.
Features of the VioStor-5020 NVR:
- Complete recording features: schedule recording, alarm recording, alarm recording schedule, motion-detection recording, pre-alarm, and post-alarm recordings, etc.
- Exclusive Linux-embedded system, Intel 1.6GHz CPU & 1GB DDRII memory. Ultra stable, reliable and high performance recording surveillance system
- Real-time monitoring and recording (video/ audio) from versatile network cameras (up to 20 channels)
- High quality recordings in motion-JPEG and MPEG-4 (depends on camera)
- Supports megapixel recording with high recording performance (up to 8 megapixels)
- Ultra large storage capacity (up to 5TB) for long-time recording.
- Powerful remote management: Access and playback recordings by web browser, FTP, and Network Neighborhood anytime, anywhere
- Trouble-free 6-step installation
- Smart search of IP cameras for quick configuration
- Centralized monitoring with "Click-to-Go" PTZ control and adjustable display mode
- Digital zoom for monitoring and playback
- Easy drag and drop to change the display order of the monitoring channels
- Alarm notification on monitoring and real-time email notification
- Detailed event and system logs (includes users’ networking services and recordings access record)
- Schedule remote replication to Network Attached Storage (NAS) to back up recordings
- Unique online user list function and access authority control
- Multi-channel playback at different speeds
- Intelligent automatic system startup when power resumes after power outage
- Ultra-high-end RAID (RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 5+ Hot spare / 6/ JBOD) to protect all the important recordings in the most secure way!
- Hot-swap hard drive design
- Unique Online RAID Capacity Expansion & Online RAID Level Migration
- Touch-N-Go PC-less RAID setup via LCD panel for the first time installation
- One-touch video backup button for easy recording data copy
- Green NVR Solution: Power-saving design at only 57~76.39W!
[PC-based is around 300W~350W ]
- Two Gigabit LAN ports for load balancing, failover, or multi-LAN configuration
- Supports Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) for 24x7 service
- DOM architecture with embedded Fail-safe dual OS for enhanced reliability