Taipei, Taiwan, March 10, 2008 - The leading network surveillance solutions provider-QNAP Systems, Inc. today announced support to the advanced Panasonic i-Pro IP cameras on its VioStor NVR (network video recorder) series. QNAP VioStor series is a professional Linux-embedded network video recorder which supports a wide variety of IP cameras for remote monitoring and audio/ video recording. The members VioStor-101 and VioStor-201 are renowned for the excellent compatibility with major camera brands, including Axis, Panasonic, Canon, Sony, Sanyo, D-Link, Arecont, Vivotek, GANZ, and LevelOne. To meet the increasing demand for advanced standalone network video recording, QNAP adds strength to the VioStor NVR series by supporting the high-end Panasonic i-Pro cameras.
The VioStor NVR series is a PC-less IP camera recording solution. Unlike ordinary network video recorder, it supports high resolution real-time monitoring of multiple network cameras (max. 8 for VioStor-201 and max 4 for VioStor-101) anytime, anywhere. The video data (in mega pixel) can be recorded simultaneously on the hard drive(s) installed on the VioStor NVR over the network. No extra computer or utility is required for recording data capture and transfer. Moreover, VioStor NVR supports multiple recording modes-continuous recording, motion detection recording, event-triggered recording, schedule recording, and manual recording. Users can select their desired recording mode flexibly for more effective security control.
According to Mr. Jacky Cheng, Product Manager from QNAP, "VioStor NVR is a cost-effective and powerful solution for network video recording, real-time monitoring, playback, and remote management. The series supports high resolution MPEG-4 and MJPEG recording. By simply connecting the server to the network, users can browse the images of any supported network cameras remotely. We believe the enhancement in supporting Panasonic i-Pro cameras will expand the strength of our VioStor NVR and bring higher flexibility to our users in setting up a network surveillance system."
VioStor NVR series adopted embedded-Linux technology with enhanced RAID mechanism to protect the data saved on the server and enhance system reliability. The series supports UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to guarantee continuous operation against any unexpected interruption caused by power outage. The system can also record up to 10,000 event logs to track any important system errors, warning, and login history of the users. Besides, the NVR provides "remote backup" and "one-touch video backup" to copy recording data from the VioStor NVR to another storage device for extra data protection. VioStor provides simple 6-step installation to allow users to finish the setup in 5 minutes. The IP cameras can be set up wherever network connection is available to reduce unnecessary wiring and cabling. With VioStor NVR, an IP surveillance system can be effortlessly set up with maximized benefits.
Features of VioStor NVR series:
- Supports Axis, Panasonic, Canon, Sony, Sanyo, D-Link, Arecont, Vivotek, GANZ, and LevelOne IP cameras
- Exclusive Linux + RISC CPU + embedded system-stable and reliable recording solution.
- Real-time monitoring, audio and video recording from multiple network cameras.
- Centralized multi-channel monitoring with "Click-to-Go" PTZ control and selective display modes.
- Complete recording features: schedule recording, alarm recording, schedule alarm recording, motion-detection-triggered recording, pre-alarm and post-alarm recordings, etc.
- Up to 2TB storage (VioStor-201) for long-time recording (max. 1TB for VioStor-101).
- Powerful remote management: Access and playback recordings via web browser, FTP, and My Network Places under the secure authority control.
- Unique online user list function and host access/ authority control.
- RAID1 hard disk mirroring to protect recording data (VioStor-101's RAID function is enabled via eSATA interface).
- Equipped with two hot-swappable 1TB SATA disks (VioStor-201), the recording time can extend up to 1.5 years!
- Installation can be completed in 6 steps!
- One-touch video backup button provides an easy way to retrieve recordings of a particular period.
- Low power consumption at only 25.2W (VioStor-201), 14.4W (VioStor-101), (PC-based system usually consumes more than 250W).
- Supports UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for 24×7 service.
- High speed Giga LAN port * 1
- Support mega pixel recording
QNAP VioStor-101/ 201 can be ordered from the QNAP's distributors and resellers. To find a QNAP distributor nearest to your location, please visit www.qnap.com. If you are interested in becoming one of our distributors or resellers, please contact us using the form here: www.qnap.com/SalesInquiry.asp.