Taipei, Taiwan, May 29, 2008 - QNAP Security today announced the complete support to Sony IP-based security cameras on its Green VioStor NVR (network video recorder) series to provide high quality real-time audio and video monitoring and recording. The NVR series includes one-bay VioStor-101 and two-bay VioStor-201. The VioStor is designed with professional network surveillance and storage technologies and powerful central management software. The Sony IP camera models that support PTZ (pan/tilt/zoom), JPEG and high resolution MPEG-4 compression format for recording, and bi-directional audio are verified to work perfectly well with the VioStor series. Users can set up their powerful surveillance center with QNAP NVR and maintain up to 4 (VioStor-101) or 8 (VioStor-201) Sony IP cameras at the same time from different locations.
QNAP VioStor is the Linux-based NVR that supports the most IP camera brands in the current market. Each of the supported cameras has been put through stringent tests with the VioStor series in QNAP's laboratory. The NVR is guaranteed with 100% compatibility and reliability with all these camera brands. In addition to Sony, the VioStor series also supports all other leading network camera brands such as Axis, Panasonic, Canon, Sanyo, D-Link, Arecont, Vivotek, MOBOTIX, IQInvison, and LevelOne etc.
According to Mr. Peace Kuo, Product Manager from QNAP, "The Green VioStor NVR adopts Linux-embedded technology and energy-saving design. The one-bay VioStor-101 and the two-bay VioStor-201 consumes only 14.4~25W, while the power consumption of PC-based surveillance system is about 250~350W. Our NVR helps save energy and users' annual electricity expense by 250€ in Europe and NT$7,000 in Taiwan! Comparing the total cost of ownership and the power consumption of our NVR with other embedded NVR solutions, QNAP's Linux-embedded NVR is the most affordable solution for massive home, small office, and chain store monitoring applications in the market. It is also an ideal green solution to help save the earth."
The VioStor surveillance system can be set up in 6 simple steps via the web-based interface. No extra software or utility is required. Users can simply install the NVR in any Ethernet-ready environment and make use of the IE browser to carry out video monitoring, playback, and system configuration. Unlike traditional analog surveillance system that the monitoring and playback are limited to the physical location, QNAP VioStor can be set up anywhere to manage the IP cameras installed in remote sites. All video data can be played remotely by the IE browser.
The VioStor provides various monitoring modes and intuitive 'click to go' control panel to adjust the pan/ tilt/ zoom actions of the IP cameras. Users can assign 10 preset locations for efficient monitoring. Moreover, VioStor NVR supports multiple recording modes-continuous recording, motion detection recording, event-triggered recording, schedule recording, and manual recording. Users can select their desired recording mode flexibly for more effective security control. The VioStor supports mega pixel IP cameras for crystal clear monitoring and video recording. The complete system can be set up in the simplest steps at the most affordable cost.
The VioStor-101 and VioStor-201 are renowned for the excellent compatibility with major camera brands, including Axis, Panasonic, Canon, Sony, Sanyo, D-Link, Arecont, Vivotek, MOBOTIX, IQInvison, and LevelOne. Other features of VioStor NVR series:
- Exclusive Linux + RISC CPU + embedded system-stable and reliable recording solution.
- Real-time monitoring, audio and video recording from multiple network cameras.
- Centralized multi-channel monitoring with "Click-to-Go" PTZ control and selective display modes.
- Complete recording features: schedule recording, alarm recording, schedule alarm recording, motion-detection-triggered recording, pre-alarm and post-alarm recordings, etc.
- Up to 2TB storage (VioStor-201) for long-time recording (max. 1TB for VioStor-101).
- Powerful remote management: Access and playback recordings via web browser, FTP, and My Network Places under the secure authority control.
- Unique online user list function and host access/ authority control.
- RAID1 hard disk mirroring to protect recording data (VioStor-101's RAID function is enabled via eSATA interface).
- Equipped with two hot-swappable 1TB SATA disks (VioStor-201), the recording time can extend up to 1.5 years!
- Installation can be completed in 6 steps!
- One-touch video backup button provides an easy way to retrieve recordings of a particular period.
- Low power consumption at only 25.2W (VioStor-201), 14.4W (VioStor-101), (PC-based system usually consumes more than 250W).
- Supports UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for 24×7 service.
- High speed Giga LAN port * 1
- Support mega pixel recording
QNAP VioStor-101/ 201 can be ordered from the QNAP's distributors and resellers. To find a QNAP distributor nearest to your location, please visit www.qnapsecurity.com. If you are interested in becoming one of our distributors or resellers, please contact us using the form here: http://www.qnapsecurity.com/SalesInquiry.asp.