- Login the VioStor. Go to “System Tools”-> “Hardware Settings” and enable “front video backup button”.
- Initialize the external disk: You can go to “Device Configuration” -> “USB Disk” to initialize the external disk. The VioStor supports hard disks in FAT format.
- The external disk must be larger than 10GB. VioStor supports external disks that are larger than 10GB currently.
- Make sure the external hard disk is correctly connected to the “front” USB port of VioStor; this function will not work if the disk is connected to the rear USB port.
- When the external disk is connected to the front USB port, wait until the USB LED glows in blue and then press the copy button. The data will be copied to the external disk immediately. The USB LED will blink in blue during the copying process. When the USB LED is off, copying is completed; you can safely remove the disk.
- If the storage capacity of the external disk is insufficient, the log will be recorded in “Logs & Statistics” page.
- As the backup file size can be very large, please wait patiently until the USB LED is off (backup completed), and then remove the external disk.
Note: If you use VioStor-2008, 2012, 5012, 5020, 8040, 8040U-RP, please press and hold one touch auto backup button for 3 sec.