Designed for SMB and SOHO users, QNAP NVR-104V is an affordable and reliable network surveillance solution for remote monitoring and recording from AXIS, ACTi, A-MTK, Arecont Vision, AVTECH, Cisco, CNB, Brickcom, DIGITUS, D-Link, EDIMAX, ELMO, EtroVision, GANZ, iPUX, IPX, IQeye, LevelOne, Linksys, Messoa, MOBOTIX, TOA, TOSHIBA, TRENDnet, Videosec, VIOSECURE, VIVOTEK & Y-CAM IP-based cameras. The NVR-104V supports up to 4-channel H.264, MPEG-4 and M-JPEG recording, and one high-speed SATA hard disk (up to 1TB) for long-term recording.
The NVR-104V is a complete embedded system that you don't need to suffer from the maintenance difficulty of PC-based recording system. The NVR (Network Video Recorder) can record video actively from various IP cameras located in local or remote sites into a dedicated storage device instead of personal computer. It also supports real-time monitoring everywhere via the web. Furthermore, the NVR-104V provides a unique web-monitoring and management GUI, which enables users to conveniently monitor anytime, anywhere. Even novices can finish the installation easily!!!
The NVR-104V is a green surveillance solution. Its power consumption is less than 18W, and it is equipped with a low-noise fan for quiet operation. The NVR-104V is an ideal network surveillance solution for monitoring in home, office, campus, parking lots, and chain stores etc.
Powerful Features of NVR-104:
- Exclusive Linux + RISC CPU + embedded system, ultra stable and reliable recording solution (PC-less recording)
- Real-time monitoring and recording (video/ audio) from versatile network cameras (up to 4 channels)
- High quality recordings in H.264, MPEG-4 and M-JPEG (depends on camera)
- Complete recording features: schedule recording, alarm recording, alarm recording schedule, pre-alarm, and post-alarm recordings, etc.
- Multi-server monitoring: Highly expandable for monitoring up to 128 channels from multiple QNAP NVR servers over LAN or WAN
- Easy data search by date & time, timeline, event, Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA)
- Supports one high-speed SATA hard disk (up to 1TB) for long-term recording
- Convenient data access: access and playback recordings by web browser, FTP, and Network Neighborhood anytime, anywhere
- Trouble-free 6-step installation
- Smart search of IP cameras for quick configuration
- Centralized monitoring with "Click-to-Go" PTZ control and adjustable display mode
- Digital zoom for monitoring and playback
- Easy drag and drop to change the display order of the monitoring channels
- Event notification on monitoring
- Real-time SMS and email alert
- Detailed event and system logs (includes users' networking services and recordings access record)
- Schedule remote replication to NAS (Network Attached Storage) to back up recordings
- Unique online user list function and access authority control
- Multi-channel playback at different speeds
- Enhanced file security by digital watermark
- Intelligent automatic system startup when power resumes after power outage
- Advanced RAID1 hard disk mirroring to protect all the important recordings in the most secure way!
* RAID function is enabled via an external eSATA device
- One touch auto video backup button for easy recording data copy
- Green NVR Solution: Power-saving design at only 18W (PC-based is around 350W)
- Support UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for 24/7 service
Powerful Surveillance Features
Most affordable Remote Live Monitoring, Recording and Playback Surveillance System
The NVR-104 is the most affordable surveillance system providing professional grade live video recording and real-time remote monitoring/playback service.
High Quality Recordings in H.264, MPEG-4 and M-JPEG (depends on camera)
All-in-one Recording Functions
- Continuous/ manual/ schedule recording
- Alarm recording (by motion detection or sensor triggered)
- Multiple alarm recording schedules
* Up to 15 schedules are supported for each camera
You can connect to the NVR-104 and add other QNAP NVR servers for monitoring up to 128 channels from a remote PC over LAN or WAN.
Supports Streaming from Network Cameras and Server
- Stream from the network camera
The monitoring screens are streamed from the network cameras. When your network surveillance system (VioStor NVR), IP cameras, and PC are installed behind the router, virtual server, or firewall, you will have to configure port forwarding (port mapping) for some of the IP cameras. Please refer to http://www.qnapsecurity.com/Applications_nvrig.asp
- Stream from the server
The monitoring screens are streamed from the video server. There is no need to configure port mapping. However, the VioStor NVR performance may be affected. You may have to adjust the recording settings according to the real performance.
Variety Live Video Monitoring
- 1/ 4/ 6/ 8/ 9/ 10/ 12/ 16/ 20/ 25/ 36/ 42-channel and sequential display mode
- Exclusive Picture-in-Picture mode
- Multi-display Mode
Digital Zoom for Monitoring and Playback
The NVR-104 supports digital zoom function for more flexible monitoring and playback. It is a powerful function for megapixel IP cameras.
Easy Drag and Drop Function on Monitoring
The NVR-104 provides easy drag and drop to change the display order of the monitoring channels for different monitoring management target!
Smart Control of PTZ & Speed Dome Cameras
The NVR-104 enables the users to adjust the PTZ cameras directly by the web user interface.
Preset Position Control and Auto Cruising
You can view different preset positions of the camera by clicking the number buttons on the monitoring page.
The NVR-104 provides exclusive E-map function for users to upload the pictures of the monitoring locations.
Event Notification on Monitoring
When alarm recording is enabled and an event occurs, an alarm icon is shown instantly on monitoring page. You can click the icon to view the alert details.
Real-time SMS and Email Notification
The NVR-104 sends SMS and alert e-mails to the administrator immediately in case of system error or emergent events.
Powerful Pre-alarm and Post-alarm Recording
The NVR-104 supports pre-alarm and post-alarm recording, which is used to record additional details before and after an event occurs.
Audio Recording (Optional)
The NVR-104 supports audio recording for complete surveillance (depends on camera).
Recordings can be Played by Windows Media Player
No need to install unique program or convert the files to other formats.
Flexible Adjustment of the Length of Recording Files
The NVR-104 enables the users to flexibly adjust the length of the recording files.
Multi-channel Playback at Different Speed
You can playback the recording data from different monitoring channels.
Easy Data Search by Date & Time, Timeline, Event, Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA)
The VioStor NVR supports quick search of recording data by date and time, timeline, event and intelligent video analytics, e.g. motion detection, missing object, foreign object, out of focus, camera occlusion, etc..
How to use intelligent video analytics on playback
Enhanced File Security by Digital Watermark
The digital watermark technology allows you to check if the recording files on VioStor NVR are modified or not. Therefore the file security is enhanced.
The snapshot function is supported on monitoring and playback page.
Powerful Schedule Remote Replication
The VioStor NVR supports schedule remote replication for secure data backup to a remote NAS in the local network.
Advanced Event Logs
The NVR-104 provides detailed event logs of system warning, hard disk error, network disconnection, UPS status, users' networking services and recordings access record.
Easy to Use
Easy System Setup in 6 Steps
The NVR-104 provides quick setup for users to complete installation in 6 simple steps.
Intuitive Web-based User Interface
All system configurations, monitoring, and playback can be finished by the web-based interface.
Smart Search of IP Camera for Quick Settings
QNAP provides an intelligent software utility Finder for quick IP camera search and system settings.
Convenient Quick Link Buttons of Network Camera
Besides configuring the network cameras by the administration interface of NVR, users can make use of the quick link buttons to access the management interface of the network cameras to configure the cameras.
Excellent Hardware Design
Green NVR Solution: Linux Embedded System with Low Power Consumption
The Linux-based NVR is more power-saving and less vulnerable to virus attack compared to PC-based surveillance solution.
Ultra-low System Noise, Superior Cooling Design
The low-noise fan of the NVR keeps the hard disks and the system in low temperature for long-term operation. The mesh cover dissipates system heat effectively.
Support 1 high-speed SATA Hard Drives
SATA hard drives are faster than IDE hard drives, which enhance recording and playback performance.
Storage Capacity up to 1 TB, Expandable to 2TB through an External eSATA Device
NVR is an excellent choice for long-term recording and saving large amount of recording data
* It is suggested to use an external eSATA device.
Small-sized, Easy to Deploy
NVR occupies small space. It is easy to install and maintain.
High Reliability and Smart Features
Support Extra Secure Data Protection by RAID 1 Mirroring
To enhance data security and protection, NVR-104 provides RAID 1 (mirroring) configuration. Recording data is highly secured and the reading rate is also increased.
* It is suggested to use an external eSATA device.
Support RAID 0, JBOD
In addition to RAID 1 (mirroring) function, NVR supports RAID 0 and JBOD configurations for larger storage capacity and higher reading and writing performance.
* It is suggested to use an external eSATA device.
Intelligent Automatic System Startup When Power Resumes after Power Outage
NVR supports intelligent power-on support. When enabled, the system can turn on automatically when power resumes after power outage.
Support UPS System for 24 x 7 Service
With UPS, the system can function normally in case of power outage or unstable power supply.
Convenient Video Backup to External USB Storage by One Touch Auto Video Backup Button
NVR supports exclusive one touch auto video backup button. By pressing the button once, the recording data of definable period on NVR will start to be copied to external USB storage device immediately.
Detailed Record of All Events
NVR provides detailed event logs covering system warning, hard disk error, network disconnection and UPS status etc. for users to maintain and manage NVR. The logs can be classified to all events, warning & errors, and errors for quick searching.
Powerful Security Control and Network Services
Powerful Authority Management
To improve the security of the VioStor NVR, the user access control feature is strengthened. The users can be assigned to different user groups (administrator/ system manager/ user). Different rights of monitoring, playback, PTZ control and audio monitoring can be assigned to individual user.
QNAP NVR supports automatic user logoff from idling configuration pages. The administrator can set the timeout period to log off the users when the idling time has reached in order to enhance secure management of the NVR.
Powerful Host Access Control
The administrator can specify the connections to be allowed and denied to access NVR.
Provide On-line User List
You can view the record of users currently logged on and previously logged on to the NVR.
Built-in DDNS Support
The NVR supports dynamic DNS (DDNS). You can register a unique domain name from a DDNS service provider and assign it to your NVR.
Built-in NTP Server
The date and time of the network cameras can be synchronized with the NVR.
Convenient Data Access
Users can access the recording data on the NVR by the following ways, multiple network resource sharing mechanisms are provided for users to access, maintain and play the recording files:
- Network Neighborhood (SMB/ CIFS)
- Web File Management (http)
- FTP server