QNAP VS-5012 VioStor NVR (Network Video Recorder) is a highly reliable network video surveillance system for high performance IP-based real-time monitoring and video recording. Powered by Intel 1.6GHz CPU and 1GB DDRII memory, the Linux-embedded NVR supports 12-channel H.264, MxPEG, MPEG-4 and M-JPEG recording from AXIS, ACTi, A-MTK, Arecont Vision, AVTECH, Canon, Cisco, CNB, Brickcom, DIGITUS, D-Link, EDIMAX, ELMO, EtroVision, GANZ, Hikvision, iPUX, IPX, IQeye, LevelOne, Linksys, Messoa, MOBOTIX, NAKAYO, Panasonic BB/ BL/ i-Pro, SANYO, SHANY, SONY, TOA, TOSHIBA, TRENDnet, Videosec, VIOSECURE, VIVOTEK & Y-CAM IP-based security cameras. With five high-speed hot-swappable SATA hard drives, the VS-5012 VioStor NVR supports long-term and high performance megapixel recording (up to 8 megapixels) from various IP cameras anytime, anywhere over the web and independent of any PC. The NVR provides advanced RAID protection by RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 5+ hot spare/ 6/ 6+ hot spare/ JBOD for secure data protection.
The VS-5012 VioStor NVR supports high quality video recording and is affordable, easy-to-install and maintain. It is an ideal end-to-end network surveillance system for system integrators, SMB, and enterprise.
Powerful Features of VS-5012 VioStor NVR (Network Video Recorder) :
- Exclusive Linux-embedded system, Intel 1.6GHz CPU & 1GB DDRII memory. Ultra stable, reliable and high performance recording surveillance system
- Real-time monitoring and recording (video/ audio) from versatile network cameras (up to 12 channels)
- High quality recordings in H.264, MxPEG, MPEG-4 and M-JPEG (varied by camera models)
- Support megapixel recording with high recording performance (up to 8 megapixels)
- Complete recording features: schedule recording, alarm recording, alarm recording schedule, motion-detection recording, pre-alarm, and post-alarm recordings, etc.
- Ultra large storage capacity (up to 10TB) for long-term recording
- Multi-server monitoring: Highly expandable for monitoring up to 120 channels from a remote PC
- Easy Data Search by Date & Time, Timeline, Event, Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA)
- Powerful remote management: access and playback recordings by web browser, FTP, and Network Neighborhood anytime, anywhere
- Trouble-free 6-step installation
- Smart search of IP cameras for quick configuration
- Centralized monitoring with "Click-to-Go" PTZ control and adjustable display mode
- Digital zoom for monitoring and playback
- Easy drag and drop to change the display order of the monitoring channels
- Event notification on monitoring
- Real-time SMS and email alert
- Detailed event and system logs (includes users' networking services and recordings access record)
- Schedule remote replication to NAS (Network Attached Storage) to back up recordings
- Unique online user list function and access authority control
- Multi-channel playback at different speeds
- Enhanced file security by digital watermarking
- Intelligent automatic system startup when power resumes after power outage
- Ultra-high-end RAID (RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 5+ Hot spare / 6/ 6+ Hot spare/ JBOD) to protect all the important recordings in the most secure way!
- Hot-swap hard drive design
- Unique Online RAID Capacity Expansion & Online RAID Level Migration
- Touch-N-Go PC-less RAID setup via LCD panel for the first time installation
- One-touch video backup button for easy recording data copy
- Green NVR Solution: Power-saving design at only 57~76.39W!
[71.54 ~ 76.39W Write/Read (RAID5)] [57.69 ~ 60.01W Write/Read (Single)]
[PC-based is around 300W~350W]
- Two Gigabit LAN ports for Load Balancing, Failover, or Multi-LAN configuration
- Support UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for 24x7 service
- DOM architecture with embedded Fail-safe dual OS for enhanced reliability
Remote Live Monitoring, Recording and Playback
The VioStor NVR is a standalone surveillance system that supports professional grade video recording and real-time remote monitoring and playback.
High Quality H.264, MxPEG, MPEG-4 and M-JPEG Recording (varied by camera models)
All-in-one Recording Functions
- Continuous/ manual/ schedule recording
- Alarm recording (by motion detection or sensor triggered)
- Alarm recording schedule
You can set different recording schedules for different cameras. Up to 15 schedules are supported for each camera.
Variety Live Video Monitoring
- 1/ 4/ 6/ 8/ 9/ 10/ 12/ 16/ 20/ 25/ 36/ 42-channel and sequential display mode
- Exclusive Picture-in-Picture mode
- Multi-display Mode
Digital Zoom for Monitoring and Playback
The VioStor NVR supports digital zoom function for more flexible monitoring and playback. It is a powerful function for megapixel IP cameras.
You can connect to the VioStor NVR and add other QNAP NVR servers to monitor up to 120 channels from a remote PC over LAN or WAN.
Supports Streaming from Network Cameras and Server
- Stream from the network camera
The monitoring screens are streamed from the network cameras. When your network surveillance system (VioStor NVR), IP cameras, and PC are installed behind the router, virtual server, or firewall, you will have to configure port forwarding (port mapping) for some of the IP cameras. Please refer to http://www.qnapsecurity.com/Applications_nvrig.asp
- Stream from the server
The monitoring screens are streamed from the NVR server. There is no need to configure port mapping. However, the VioStor NVR performance may be affected. You may have to adjust the recording settings according to the real performance.
Change the Display Order of the Monitoring Channels
You can switch to display the monitoring channels by selecting the IP cameras on the drop down menu or by drag and drop.
Generic IP Cameras Support
QNAP NVR provides an interface for the users to enter the JPEG CGI command of IP cameras in order to receive the video and audio streaming data from the IP cameras and monitor, record, and playback the video of the IP cameras on the NVR. This feature largely enhances the compatibility and expandability of the NVR.
The VioStor NVR supports audio recording (varied by camera models).
High Performance Megapixel Recording (up to 8-megapixel)
The VioStor NVR supports high performance megapixel recording (up to 8-megapixel) from various IP cameras.
Smart Control of PTZ & Speed Dome Cameras
The VioStor NVR enables the users to adjust the PTZ cameras directly by the web user interface.
Preset Position Control and Auto Cruising
You can view different preset positions of the camera by clicking the number buttons on the monitoring page. You can also choose the preset positions and configure the time interval on the PTZ cameras for periodic monitoring.
Event Notification on Monitoring
When alarm recording is enabled and an event occurs, an alarm icon is shown instantly on monitoring page. You can click the icon to view the alert details.
Pre-alarm and Post-alarm Recording
The VioStor NVR supports pre-alarm and post-alarm recording, which is used to record additional details before and after an event occurs.
Advanced Event Management
The compatibility between the NVR and the surveillance devices are strengthened to provide more event handling options when events are detected or alarms are triggered on the IP cameras.
- Events: The NVR supports more event types, e.g. motion detection and alarm input to trigger the follow-up actions.
- Actions: More actions can be defined when an alarm is triggered, such as recording, adjusting the IP camera to the preset monitoring point, alarm output, email or SMS alert.
Real-time SMS and Email Alert
The VioStor NVR sends SMS and alert e-mails to the administrator immediately in case of system error or emergent events.
E-map for Easy Preview of the Camera Location
The VioStor NVR provides exclusive E-map function for users to upload the pictures of the monitoring locations.
The VioStor NVR provides real-time monitoring as well as real-time snapshot. Users can take a snapshot of the monitoring screen anytime.
Multi-channel Playback at Different Speed
The VioStor NVR supports playback of the recording data from different monitoring channels. It also provides the Express Quad View Playback that you can either divide the selected time equally into four playback views or load four consecutive cameras to play.
Easy Data Search by Date & Time, Timeline, Event, Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA)
The VioStor NVR supports quick search of recording data by date and time, timeline, event and intelligent video analytics, e.g. motion detection, missing object, foreign object, out of focus, camera occlusion, etc..
How to use intelligent video analytics on playback
Enhanced File Security by Digital Watermark
The digital watermark technology allows you to check if the recording files on VioStor NVR are modified or not. Therefore the file security is enhanced.
Recordings can be Played by Windows Media Player
Users can play the files by Windows Media Player. There is no need to install unique program or convert the files to other formats.
Flexible Adjustment of the Length of Recording Files
The VioStor NVR enables the users to flexibly adjust the length of the recording files.
Powerful Schedule Remote Replication
The VioStor NVR supports schedule remote replication for secure data backup to a remote NAS in the local network.
Advanced Event Logs
The VioStor NVR provides detailed event logs of system warning, hard disk error, network disconnection, UPS status, users' networking services and recordings access record.
Easy to Use
|Easy System Setup in 6 Steps
The VS-5012 VioStor NVR provides quick setup for users to complete installation in 6 simple steps.
|Intuitive Web-based User Interface
All system configurations, monitoring, and playback can be finished by the web-based interface.
|Smart Search of IP Camera for Quick Settings
QNAP provides an intelligent software utility Finder for quick IP camera search and system settings.
|Convenient Quick Link Buttons of Network Camera
Besides configuring the network cameras by the administration interface of NVR, users can make use of the quick link buttons to access the management interface of the network cameras to configure the cameras.
Excellent Hardware Design
Intel 1.6GHz CPU and 1GB DDRII Memory for Superior System Performance
The VS-5012 VioStor NVR is an ideal & powerful network video surveillance system designed for SMB and Enterprise. Powered by Intel 1.6GHz CPU and 1GB DDRII memory, it delivers superior performance for surveillance applications.
Green NVR Solution: Linux Embedded System with Low Power Consumption
The Linux-based NVR is more power-saving and less vulnerable to virus attack compared to PC-based surveillance solution.
Touch-N-Go PC-less Installation by LCD Display
The handy LCD display on the VS-5012 VioStor NVR provides a speedy and easy approach to initialize the NVR and set up the RAID configuration without using any computer. You can use the handy LCD to finish the first time installation in 3 simple steps. The NVR will automatically complete the hard disk formatting and RAID building. When the system is ready, users can check or configure the IP settings, physical disk info, volume info, system info, shut down or reboot the NVR etc.
Ultra-low System Noise, Superior Cooling Design
The low-noise fan of the NVR keeps the hard disks and the system in low temperature for long-term operation. The mesh cover dissipates system heat effectively.
Dual Gigabit LAN Ports for More Deployment Options
Failover allows the VioStor to sustain the failure of one network port to provide continuous services.
Bandwidth aggregation is supported to boost the file transfer speed (works with managed Ethernet switch with 802.3ad configured).
The VioStor can be deployed with two different IP settings for sharing among different workgroups in two different subnets.
Support 5 High-speed SATA Hard Drives
SATA hard drives are faster than IDE hard drives, which enhance recording and playback performance.
Storage Capacity up to 10 TB for Long-term Recording
The VS-5012 VioStor NVR is an excellent choice for long-time recording and saving large amount of recording data.
DOM Architecture with Embedded Fail-safe Dual OS for Enhanced Reliability
All the OS and applications are embedded on the DOM. The VS-5012 VioStor allows system booting without accessing the physical disk sectors and that prevents unsuccessful system startup caused by bad block sectors or file errors on the hard drives. Two operating systems are built on the DOM for system booting alternatively upon every system startup. When one fails, the other one will be used to boot up instead, and the failed OS is recoverable from the other healthy OS.
Lockable HDD Tray
The NVR provides lockable HDD trays to protect the physical hard drives.
High Reliability and Smart Features
Powerful Security Control and Network Services
|Powerful authority management
To improve the security of the VioStor NVR, the user access control feature is strengthened. The users can be assigned to different user groups (administrator/ system manager/ user). Different rights of monitoring, playback, PTZ control and audio monitoring can be assigned to individual user.
Powerful host access control
The administrator can specify the connections to be allowed and denied to access NVR.
QNAP NVR supports automatic user logoff from idling configuration pages. The administrator can set the timeout period to log off the users when the idling time has reached in order to enhance secure management of the NVR.
Provide On-line User list
You can view the record of users currently logged on and previously logged on to the NVR.
Built-in DDNS support
The NVR supports dynamic DNS (DDNS). You can register a unique domain name from a DDNS service provider and assign it to your NVR.
Built-in NTP server
The date and time of the network cameras can be synchronized with the NVR.
Convenient data access
Users can access the recording data on the NVR by the following ways, multiple network resource sharing mechanisms are provided for users to access, maintain and play the recording files:
- Network Neighborhood (SMB/ CIFS)
- Web File Management (HTTP)
- FTP server