After I enter a correct user name and password to access the VioStor NVR, if the monitoring screen did not display, what should I do?
- Check if you have installed ActiveX when logging in the monitoring page. Set the security level to “Medium” or lower in Internet Options of IE browser.
- Make sure VioStor is turned on and the network is correctly connected.
- The IP address of VioStor does not conflict with other devices in the same subnet.
- Check the IP address settings of VioStor and your computer. Make sure they are in the same subnet.
- Make sure the IP address of the network camera does not conflict with other devices in the same subnet.
- Make sure the IP address, name and password entered in the camera configuration page are correct. You can use the Test function to verify the connection.
- When the PC and the network camera are in the same subnet, while VioStor is in another one, you cannot view the monitoring screen from the PC. You can solve the problems by the following methods:
- Method 1: Enable “loopback” in the router or allow internal access from the mapped ports of the network cameras.
- Method 2: Enter the IP address of the network camera as the WAN IP in VioStor.
For more information about NVR Installation Guide, please refer to http://www.qnapsecurity.com/n/en/trade_teach/index.php?cat=2.
Note: Some anti-virus softwares take ActiveX as dangerous program. Please close the anti-virus temporarily.