My VioStor, IP cameras, and the PC are all in the same LAN, and I want to allow users to connect the NVR from remote PC over the Internet. How to install the NVR in different network environment for remote monitoring?
- The VioStor, IP cameras, and the PC are all in the same LAN.
- Allow users to connect the NVR from remote PC over the Internet.
Please follow the steps below to install the NVR.
- Plan the IP address and port of the NVR and the camera.
- Install the IP camera. Please refer to the user guide of the IP camera for the network configuration.
- Configure the router/ virtual server/ firewall
To allow remote PC to access the VioStor and the IP cameras, you must configure the port mapping or virtual server of the router. The sample settings are as below:
From Forward to 126.96.36.199:8000 192.168.1.100:80 188.8.131.52:8001 192.168.1.101:80 184.108.40.206:8002 192.168.1.102:80 220.127.116.11:8003 192.168.1.103:80 18.104.22.168:8004 192.168.1.104:80
- Install and configure the NVR (VioStor)
Enter the IP address of the camera in the “IP address” field of the “Camera Settings” page of the VioStor. Then enter the Public IP and the port number of the camera configured on the router in “WAN IP” and “Port” fields on the “Camera Settings” page of the VioStor.
Note: The LAN IP and the WAN IP of the IP camera must be entered.
|LAN||Device||IP Address/ Port||Mapped Port on the Router|
|A||Public IP of the router||22.214.171.124|
|LAN IP of the router||192.168.1.1|
- The “IP address” is for the VioStor to acquire the streaming from the VioStor directly and for browsing by LAN users.
- The “WAN IP Address” is for remote access to the monitoring page of the VioStor over the Internet. If your IP camera is installed behind the NAT router, enter the public IP address (or URL) and configure the port forwarding correctly.
- To access the VioStor remotely by FTP (port 21), configure the following settings:
From Forward to 126.96.36.199:21 192.168.1.100:21
- After changing the settings, enter the address in the browser to access the VioStor over the Internet: http:// 188.8.131.52:8000/
- If you have configured port 80 to VioStor, enter the address to access the VioStor (the default port of HTTP is 80): http:// 184.108.40.206/
- To use DDNS if this network environment, enter the DDNS settings on the router, but not on the VioStor.