Smart Recording is a powerful digital surveillance feature that provides high-quality videos during unexpected events, and standard-quality videos for regular happenings. This can be extremely beneficial in providing detailed footage during potentially-important events while conserving storage space during routine/normal activities in 24/7 recording.
As of the publication of this document, the cameras that have been tested for Smart Recording are:
|ACTi||B97, E34, E54, E84|
|AXIS||M1011, M1054, M1103, M1104, M1113, M1114, M3006, M3011, M3014, M3026, M3113, M3114, M3204, M5013, M5014, M5014-V, M7010, M7014, P1204, P1214, P1214-E, P1353, P1354, P1355, P1357, P3301, P3304, P3344, P3346, P3353, P3354, P3363, P3364, P3364-LV/-LVE, P3367, P3384, P5414, P5512, P5522, P5532, P5534, P5544, P7210, P7214, P7224, P8513, P8514, Q1602, Q1604, Q1755, Q1765, Q1910, Q1921, Q1922, Q6032, Q6034, Q6035, Q6042, Q6044, Q6045, Q7401, Q7411|
|Sony||SNC-CX600, SNC-CX600W, SNC-EB600, SNC-EB600B, SNC-EB630, SNC-EB630B, SNC-EM600, SNC-EM601, SNC-EM602R, SNC-EM630, SNC-EM631, SNC-EM632R, SNC-VB600, SNC-VB600B, SNC-VB630, SNC-VB635, SNC-VM600, SNC-VM601, SNC-VM601B, SNC-VM630, SNC-VM631, SNC-VM632R, SNC-WR600, SNC-WR602, SNC-WR630, SNC-XM632|
|VIVOTEK||CC8130, FD8131, FD8131V, FD8134, FD8136, FD8137H, FD8137HV, FD8151V, FD8163, FD8164, FD8164V, FD8166, FD8355EHV, FD8363, FD8371EV, FE8173, FE8174, IP8131W, IP8132, IP8133, IP8152-F4, IP8335, IP8355EH, IP8364-C, IP8371-E, PZ81X1, SD81X1, SD8314E, SD8316E, SD8324E, SD8326E, SD8363E|
To see the latest list of compatible cameras, please visit our compatibility list.
To enable Smart Recording, please follow the below steps:
1. Access the QVR desktop as an administrator and click “Surveillance Settings” .
2. Go to “Camera Settings” -> “Camera Configuration”.
3. Click to add a camera.
4. Select the camera you wish to apply these settings to.
Please refer to the latest list of compatible cameras.
5. In “Multi-stream Profile”, select “User defined” from the dropdown list.
6. In “Recording Mode”, select “Smart Recording” from the dropdown list.
7. Adjust the settings for each stream to fit your requirements.
8. In “Regular Recording”, select one camera stream from the dropdown list.
9. Select a different camera stream from the “Alarm Recording” dropdown list.
(Please remember to enable Scheduled Recording and Alarm Recording beforehand.)
Limitations and Restrictions:
- A camera stream can only be selected as Regular Recording or Alarm Recording.
- The number of streams supported and streaming properties (including codec, resolution, frame rate and quality) may vary or be limited by the camera, and the same property value may not be available on different cameras. For example: if H.264 or Full HD is selected as the video compression setting for Stream 1, users may only be able to select M-JPEG or VGA for Stream 2.
- Please refer to the our camera compatibility list and occasionally check our website for updates.
- More bandwidth is required for Smart Recording. Carefully calculate your bandwidth usage before using this feature. For example: A VIVOTEK IP8132 offers three streams. Stream 1 uses 663Kbps, Stream 2 uses 1000Kbps and Stream 3 uses 3000Kbps – leading to a total bandwidth requirement of 4663Kbps per camera. If 30 VIVOTEK IP8132 cameras are connected to a NVR for live view and Smart Recording is used, they would require a minimum of 139,890Kbps.
- Required NVR CPU loading for smart recording is higher than it for only standard recording.