In the past, digital surveillance systems users were forced to make a tradeoff between the video quality of a camera stream and required bandwidth. The same camera stream was used for both live view and recording, and more bandwidth was required if a high-quality camera stream was selected. Fortunately, with the introduction of multi-stream technology, users now can choose the main stream for recording files and the sub stream for live viewing.
Multi-stream technology is already supported by VioStor NVR, but properties such as resolution, frame rate, video quality and codec could not be changed by users. With new enhancements made to VioStor NVR, users can now choose streaming properties based on their needs.
|ACTi||B97, E34, E54, E84|
M1011, M1054, M1103, M1104, M1113, M1114, M3006, M3011, M3014,
M3026, M3113, M3114, M3204, M5013, M5014, M5014-V, M7010, M7014,
P1204, P1214, P1214-E, P1353, P1354, P1355, P1357, P3301, P3304, P3344,
P3346, P3353, P3354, P3363, P3364, P3364-LV/-LVE, P3367, P3384, P5414,
P5512, P5522, P5532, P5534, P5544, P7210, P7214, P7224, P8513, P8514,
Q1602, Q1604, Q1755, Q1765, Q1910, Q1921, Q1922, Q6032,
Q6034, Q6035, Q6042, Q6044, Q6045, Q7401, Q7411
SNC-CX600, SNC-CX600W, SNC-EB600, SNC-EB600B, SNC-EB630, SNC-EB630B,
SNC-EM600, SNC-EM601, SNC-EM602R, SNC-EM630, SNC-EM631, SNC-EM632R,
SNC-VB600, SNC-VB600B, SNC-VB630, SNC-VB635, SNC-VM600, SNC-VM601,
SNC-VM601B, SNC-VM630, SNC-VM631, SNC-VM632R, SNC-WR600, SNC-WR602,
CC8130, FD8131, FD8131V, FD8134, FD8136, FD8137H, FD8137HV, FD8151V,
FD8163, FD8164, FD8164V, FD8166, FD8355EHV, FD8363, FD8371EV, FE8173,
FE8174, IP8131W, IP8132, IP8133, IP8152-F4, IP8335, IP8355EH, IP8364-C,
IP8371-E, PZ81X1, SD81X1, SD8314E, SD8316E, SD8324E, SD8326E, SD8363E
Please follow these steps to enable user-defined multi-stream settings:
- Go to the QVR desktop as an administrator and click “Surveillance Settings” .
- Go to “Camera Settings” -> “Camera Configuration”.
- Click to add a camera.
Select the camera you wish to apply these settings to.
Please refer to the latest list of compatible cameras.
- The default Multi-stream Profile setting is “System-Configured”. You need to change this to “User defined” using the dropdown list.
- Modify the settings of each stream according to your needs.
There are now two recording mode supported:
Similar with standard recording, this uses the same stream for regular and alarm recording. However, you can define a specific video stream to record.
Please select the video stream from the “Regular Recording” dropdown list.
- Please select the video stream from the “Regular Recording” dropdown list.
Supports different streams for regular and alarm recording.
- A. Select one camera stream from the “Regular Recording” dropdown list.
- B. Select a different camera stream from the “Alarm Recording” dropdown list. (Scheduled Recording and Alarm Recording must be enabled before using “Alarm Recording”.)
Note: Required NVR CPU loading for system-configured multi-stream is higher than it for user defined multi-stream.